Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Farewell, David Nelson


I mourn the loss of shows like The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriett, where children treated their parents with respect and always did the right thing.  It was a model for which young people could aspire.  Although I later realized how unrealistic the show was, and what mediocre actors they were, at the time I thought they were great.

Especially David and Ricky.

As most everyone knows, Ricky went on to become a famous rock & roll singer.  I loved Poor Little Fool.  But David was my favorite.  I thought he was much more handsome than Ricky, and he had such a sweet way about him.  (When he appeared on screen, I swooned!)

David, the last remaining member of the Nelson family, died yesterday.

Farewell, David.  Thanks for the memories.

No comments:

All words and pictures © 2008 Brenda G. Wooley