Saturday, November 19, 2011

Luvean Revisited

Mary Ellen, Mother and I with the Oak Ridge Boys

Mother, Mary Ellen and I had a great time last night.  We were guests of The Oak Ridge Boys at their Christmas show here in Paducah.  We were also invited back stage where this photo was taken (thanks to Eddie's Photography).

As readers may recall, The Oaks considered recording a song (Luvean's Leavin') which Mother and I wrote back in 1983; however, it never came to fruition.  But the minute they saw us last night, Duane yelled, "I had a true love, her name was Luvean!"

"She's a fixin', she's a fixin'," called Joe.

We were flabbergasted.  "Y'all remember the words after all these years?"

Joe laughed.  "Sure we do! Even our kids know the words!"

Before we could digest this, Duane chimed in, "Could you send us another copy?"

I dug up another tape of the famous Luvean's Leavin' this morning and sent it to the Oak Ridge boys.

Stay tuned.  We'll see what happens this time around!

5 comments:

Cara said...

Wow, neat.

I enjoyed seeing the Kentucky Head Hunters at the local fair, but to actually meet the Oak Ridge Boys, great!

I've always been a fan of those guys.

Cara said...

P.S. I forgot to add good luck with the song lyrics! Keep us posted.

Brenda said...

Thanks so much, Cara!

Judy said...

Wow!! I remember your post on that- and the story! This is so exciting! I will be checking your site real regularly now- they better get at it!! Oh- I sent you a thing about needing Chrome to blog again. That's google chrome. You using it instead of Internet Explorer, or am I just special? Love your stuff!! Get that oatmeal this morning. Drown it in milk!!!

Brenda said...

Thanks, Judy!

All words and pictures © 2008 Brenda G. Wooley