Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Unpardonable Sin



People are talking about President Obama. And it's not about bail-outs, health care, or other hot topics.
They are accusing him of wearing Mom jeans!
When he threw out the first pitch at the 2009 Major League Baseball All-Star Game last week, he was wearing a large, oversized pair. Unlike me, his were "borderline," so that's not as bad. But they were a tad on the short side. And he almost showed sock! Just walking across the field!
Our president must be appalled, as was I when Suzanne pointed out my fashion faux pas.
But, like me, he hates to shop. Had we gone to the mall more often, we might not have committed the unpardonable sin.
Maybe I can convince Suzanne to accompany us to Kentucky Oaks Mall next time he's in Paducah.

3 comments:

Patience-please said...

Hang on. Our mom jeans will be totally the in style thing in a couple of years. If bell bottoms could come back, anything can!

Suzanne said...

I'll be dressed and waiting in the car!

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

I wanna go shopping!

All words and pictures © 2008 Brenda G. Wooley